Friday 30 May 2008

My CV

TIPHAINE PIGOTT
Email: tiphaine.pigott@gmail.com
Address on request

Personal Statement
I am an enthusiastic and hard working student in the middle of my BA Honours degree in Fashion Textiles. I would like to gain first hand experience of the fashion industry in both the textiles and design sectors. Not only would this be a fantastic opportunity to improve and build upon my existing skills, but this would provide me with insight into this exciting industry before I start my career after graduating in 2009.

Skills
Excellent screen printing skills and knowledge of print room/ dye lab
Good understanding of pattern cutting
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
Excellent drawing skills
Fluent in French

Education

Higher Education
Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication
2006 – present BA Honours in Fashion Textiles
2006 BTEC Diploma in Art and Design (Awarded Merit)

A-Levels
Burgess Hill School (for Girls)
2004 – 2005 Art A
Textiles A
French A
Business Studies B (“AS” Level)
2004 OCR Level 2 Certificate in Enterprise (Young Enterprise), Credit
2003 11 GCSE’s including English and Maths

Relevant Courses
Sept. 2007 Pattern making- Intermediate, Central St. Martins
Aug. 2006 Experimental Fashion Drawing, Central St. Martins

Awards
2005, 2004, 2003 Young Craftsman of the Year Award, South of England Show,
Highly Commended for three years running
2005 Helen Bell Art Plate for Excellence in Visual Art
2005 Dedication to Subject Award, French


Work Experience

Roksanda Ilincic, Dec. 2007- Mar. 2008. Studio Assistant
During my time at Roksanda Ilincic I completed many tasks including initial toiling, hand finishing, embroidery of Swarovski crystals, beads and feathers, as well as cutting patterns. I was a dresser for the A/W show at London Fashion Week and for a private salon show in Browns. I also assisted in the Showroom.

Nicole Farhi, Aug. 2005. Show Room Assistant and Swatch Department Assistant
Responsibilities included tidying racks and preparing garments to be presented to buyers. Here I gained an understanding of the different target market of each store, and the importance of knowing what the customer wants. I was also responsible for preparing fabric samples for S/S 2007 flats. It was fascinating to see the detail that went into each technical drawing and to learn how early colours, fabrics and design are decided.

House of Fraser, Jun. 2004. Assistant Menswear Buyer
I spent two days shadowing the Head Menswear buyer. This was an excellent opportunity to learn about the fashion cycle and to visit show rooms over London to see merchandise coming into shops 6 months ahead of season.

Interests
I draw influence for my studies from various sources, whether it is the art world and galleries like the Tate, Royal Academy and The Design Museum (each of which I am a member), or the fashion scene that has developed at clubs in the East-End of London, which have been an opportunity to design creative and eccentric outfits for myself and friends.

I also use magazines such as Bloom and Wonderland to inspire me and give my ideas for the layout of my work.

No comments: